SaaS - Software as a Service
When using a "Software-as-a-Service" solution (SaaS), no software (computer programs) are installed locally on your computer. Instead, the user accesses the software online via their Web browser. The software provider carries the full responsibility for the necessary infrastructure, hardware, security measures and general smooth operation of the software. And instead of purchasing an expensive software license, the SaaS user normally only has to pay a small monthly fee to use the SaaS solution - this is comparable to a rental fee.
Advantages of SaaS for companies
- Calculable and transparent IT costs for the SaaS solution that will not spiral out of control.
- No major cost hurdles to overcome before introducing new software because of expensive, unique license fees and low investment risks.
- No more financial and personal costs for hardware, maintenance, administration as the SaaS supplier carries all of these costs.
- Adapting to changing company requirements is not a problem which means unprecedented flexibility, as the scope of the SaaS package you rent can be changed quickly and easily.
- Setting up access to the SaaS across your whole company is uncomplicated, because awkward local installations on employee workstations is no longer necessary.
- Increased employee mobility as employees can access the software from any device that has internet access, this usually includes smartphones and tablets too. As a result, employees are no longer tied to stationary workstations in the office.
SaaS and CRM
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is an important application area for SaaS solutions in Germany. There are a number of companies active in this area, however, CAS Software AG is a pioneer in this field offering tailor-made CRM software and CRM solutions in the Cloud. Such solutions are frequently designated as "Web-based CRM Software" or also as "Cloud CRM Software". Professional Cloud CRM solutions can be used easily on all the common smartphones and tablets thanks to intuitive apps in the form of Mobile CRM.
Are you interested in CRM software?
Learn more about address management and other features of the CRM solution CAS genesisWorld! With our adaptive CRM + AIA® solution CAS genesisWorld, we offer more than just a CRM. Actively shape your relationships, intelligently network all of your company's knowledge, and work efficiently with your team regardless of location. Our intelligent assistants support you and simplify your daily processes.